160 'test. What does this mean?

Dan Barker
>From the rules for this weekend's contest
(http://cq-amateur-radio.com/160%20Contest%20Rules%20200510272004.pdf) I
read "Please observe the DX window from 1830 to 1835 kHz during the hours of
darkness. The DX window is for intercontinental contacts."

Does this mean "Please avoid 1830-1835 because it's for folks not in the
contest" or does it mean "Please use 1830-1835 to make CQ WW 160 CW contacts
with another continent?"

Dan "not much of a contester" Barker / WG4S / K2 #2456 / tu om 599GA test

Re: 160 'test. What does this mean?

n6wg
Dan
Your second alternative is the right one
 "Please use 1830-1835 to make CQ WW 160 CW contacts
with another continent?"
Now I just need to hear another continent to work them :-)
73, Bob N6WG

> >From the rules for this weekend's contest
> (http://cq-amateur-radio.com/160%20Contest%20Rules%20200510272004.pdf) I
> read "Please observe the DX window from 1830 to 1835 kHz during the hours of
> darkness. The DX window is for intercontinental contacts."
>
> Does this mean "Please avoid 1830-1835 because it's for folks not in the
> contest" or does it mean "Please use 1830-1835 to make CQ WW 160 CW contacts
> with another continent?"
>
> Dan "not much of a contester" Barker / WG4S / K2 #2456 / tu om 599GA test

Re: 160 'test. What does this mean?

k6dgw
Well, actually what it means is, "Please use this 5 KHz "DX Window" ONLY
to make intercontinental contacts.  You can make intercontinental
contacts anywhere on the band, and there were quite a few JA's around
1820 this AM.  Just don't work locals in it.

73,

Fred K6DGW
Auburn CA CM98lw
"A good way to deal with predators is to taste terrible"