20 watt tuner or 100 watt attached tuner?

20 watt tuner or 100 watt attached tuner?

KC6CNN
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: 20 watt tuner or 100 watt attached tuner?

Don Wilhelm-4
I would expect the 20 watt tuner to be automatically bypassed when the
100 watt amp is connected.  The K2 does that, and I expect nothing less
from the KX3.

On 9/19/2011 6:12 PM, KC6CNN wrote:
> On the KX3 it has an option to have a wide 20 watt tuner in it. Great for
> handheld or qrp. But lets say that I put it in the RV or Truck and run it to
> the 100 watt amp with tuner attached. Does the 20 watt tuner need to be
> taken out or will they work together.
> Will the 100 watt tuner work with the 20 watt tuner installed?

Re: 20 watt tuner or 100 watt attached tuner?

David Moorman
If I understand the situation correctly, the KX3's internal tuner would tune KX3's output to the input of the 100 watt amp (should be an easy match).  Then the 100 watt amp's tuner would match its output to the antenna.

Dave K9SW