200 QRP countries on K2

g3ymc
Another milestone was reached yesterday on my K2, serial 2498. V47Z
in St Kitts on 21MHz was my 200th QRP DXCC country on the K2 since
getting it three years ago. And its 10,134th QSO. Only another 135 or
so to go...

All these were on CW (usually around 25wpm...) at 5W into a low
longwire antenna (originally 65ft, now 110ft). Just shows what can be
done with persistence.

73 Dave G3YMC

http://www.davesergeant.com

Re: 200 QRP countries on K2

Tom Mc
Hi Dave -- I was very impressed reading your stats and then I read that you used a longwire -- great job OB!

Also FB on your 10,134 qso's with the K2 (But why do you have only 135 more to go, does the K2 stop working after 10,279 qso
s?...hi)

GL es hpe to cu around
72
Tom, WB2QDG
k2  S/N 1103

> Another milestone was reached yesterday on my K2, serial 2498.
> V47Z
> in St Kitts on 21MHz was my 200th QRP DXCC country on the K2 since
> getting it three years ago. And its 10,134th QSO. Only another 135
> or
> so to go...
>
> All these were on CW (usually around 25wpm...) at 5W into a low
> longwire antenna (originally 65ft, now 110ft). Just shows what can
> be
> done with persistence.
>
> 73 Dave G3YMC
>
> http://www.davesergeant.com

Re: 200 QRP countries on K2

Bob Nielsen
I suspect that he means countries to go, not QSOs.  Who will be the
first at the top of the honor roll with a K2?  Or, since that is
somewhat impractical with a few countries currently being impossible to
activate, who will be the first all-K2 honor roll member?  200 countries
is an impressive total in any case. My congratulations to Dave!

72/73, Bob N7XY

--
Bob Nielsen, N7XY                          n7xy (at) n7xy.net
Bainbridge Island, WA                      http://www.n7xy.net

Re: 200 QRP countries on K2

Geoffrey Mackenzie-Kennedy-2
Hearty congratulations Dave. You are right, persistence with a BIG P - and
skill. Will be watching this space for the announcement of your 300th errr
country.

73, Geoff
GM4ESD