20W Dummy Load at 432MHz?

k2qo
Hi Gang,

I'm prepping for the January VHF Sweepstakes. Going to run my K2 with XV222
and XV432.

The instruction sheet for the D/L indicates that it is good to 225MHz. Does
anyone know of any specs related to performance at 432MHz? I don't own a
power meter good at >50MHz.

OK, the bottom line: How about the voltage reading at 20W?

73,
Mark K2QO
K2 #543
FN03ra

Re: 20W Dummy Load at 432MHz?

n7ws
What dummy load?

> I'm prepping for the January VHF Sweepstakes. Going to run
> my K2 with XV222
> and XV432.
>
> The instruction sheet for the D/L indicates that it is good
> to 225MHz. Does
> anyone know of any specs related to performance at 432MHz?
> I don't own a
> power meter good at >50MHz.
>
> OK, the bottom line: How about the voltage reading at 20W?
>

> 73,
> Mark K2QO
> K2 #543
> FN03ra

Re: 20W Dummy Load at 432MHz?

Byron N6NUL
I suspect he means the Elecraft DL1 20w dummy load.

73, Byron N6NUL

On Sun, Dec 12, 2010 at 8:56 AM, Wes Stewart <[hidden email]> wrote:

> What dummy load?

- Northern California Contest Club
- CU in the 2011 Cal QSO Party 1-2 Oct 2011
- www.cqp.org

Re: 20W Dummy Load at 432MHz?

N8LP
It doesn't answer your question, but Ridge Equipment sells a range of excellent surplus dummy loads that are good to several GHz. There is one that only costs $12 and is excellent. It's 75W and they look and work like new. I have several of them. Here is their dummy load page...

https://www.ridgeequipment.com/store/dummyloads.html

73,
Larry N8LP

k2qo wrote
Hi Gang,

I'm prepping for the January VHF Sweepstakes. Going to run my K2 with XV222
and XV432.

The instruction sheet for the D/L indicates that it is good to 225MHz. Does
anyone know of any specs related to performance at 432MHz? I don't own a
power meter good at >50MHz.

OK, the bottom line: How about the voltage reading at 20W?

73,
Mark K2QO
K2 #543
FN03ra

Re: 20W Dummy Load at 432MHz?

k2qo
Ah, that is funny. I forgot to mention that I am using the Elecraft DL-1.

73,
Mark K2QO
K2 #543
FN03ra