21 MHZ no amplification on KPA500

Jim Danehy
I have had my KPA500 (# 316) for about a week. Love it. Yesterday I
downloaded the most recent firmware for my K3. Love the improved
relationship between the K3 and KPA500. All was well for 24 hours.

Now ONLY on 21 mhz I have no amplification. Instead of *21 mhz I get _21mhz
in the readout. All the other bands work fine. It is just 21 MHZ.

My log shows that I worked at leaset one QSO with no problems with the K3
and KPA500 after I changed the firmware yesterday. I had plenty of QSOs on
40, 20 and 18 MHZ. When I went back to 21 MHZ this morning I was surprised.

I still get 25 to 28 watts showing on the K3 with the KPA500 in the OPERATE
position. Just no amplification.  I get 100 watts with the KPA500 in
standby.

73  Jim W9VNE

Re: 21 MHZ no amplification on KPA500

Bud Semon N7CW
Jim,

Check that your menu CONFIG:DIGOUT1 is set to OFF on 21 MHz.  If it is on,
that will inhibit the amp and give you the _21MHz message.

73, Bud  N7CW