#26 vs #28 wire

Ward Willats-3
Today I decided to rewind T2 on my SSB adapter in an effort to
correct my low signal level -- even though it looked fine and
beeped-out well and yadda yadda.

Anyway, I have LOTS of #26 wire left over from the K2 and KPA100. Any
reason I can't use that instead of #28 to do this? (Is the difference
enough to drop a turn or something?)

Thanks,

-- Ward / KG6HAF

P.S. Turns out I didn't blow my IF amp the other day. Yippie! After a
two day rest something somewhere discharged and all started working
again...

Re: #26 vs #28 wire

Don Wilhelm-3
Ward,

The number of turns will be the same with any guage wire.  The REAL question
is - will that many turns fit on the toroid core?  In particular, I would
believe you could use #26 wire on SSB T2 with only a bit more care to lay
the turns straight - the FT37 -xx cores should allow up to 33 turns in a
single layer.