2m Modul info

dl7sl
Another thing to 2m module. It would be ideal if the space is used by the battery compartment for the 2m module. The battery compartment makes no sense to use an external battery usually.

Re: 2m Modul info

snrowe
I 100% agree.

The internal battery compartment doesn't make much sense for the following reasons:
1- A battery leak could destroy the radio.
2- It is not easy and probably not a good idea to be opening up the case all the time due to the layout.
3- The internal AA's only provide 1/2 power.  I like to use an external lipo4 battery pack, see no reason why you couldn't make an external AA one either if you must use AA's.

2, and 3 I view as inconveniences, but 1 is a serious concern, enough so that I don't even use the internal compartment.