2m Module

G7TOK
The 2m module is seriously overdue according to Elecraft's own announcements.
Can Elecraft confirm that development is still taking place and provide a firm release date ?

Re: 2m Module

Steve KC8QVO
I am sure the Elecraft crew is working within the resources and limitations that they have. We will hear more as more information becomes available.

I, too, have been waiting for the 2m module. That will make my backpacking radio set up complete. However, I'll stay patient in waiting. Elecraft makes some really good products and there is probably a good reason why there is so much of a delay. Last I heard was the amp was coming first, once that hit the market then the pace was to speed up on the 2m module. The amp has hit the market so we should be getting close on the 2m module.

If I was to guess - the crew at Elecraft is probably taking a holiday break, a much deserved one :) Maybe we'll hear something after the first of the year.

Steve, KC8QVO

On a side note, I looked through the FAQ page on the 2m module and see that it looks like they have opened up the receive range to include the weather band, at however degraded the performance becomes. If that is true - THANKS ELECRAFT!!! That was my one wish when I first heard of the preliminary specs - it eliminates the need to take an HT in my backpack too.

Re: 2m Module

wayne burdick
Administrator

On Dec 28, 2013, at 5:42 PM, Steve KC8QVO <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On a side note, I looked through the FAQ page on the 2m module and see that
> it looks like they have opened up the receive range to include the weather
> band, at however degraded the performance becomes. If that is true - THANKS
> ELECRAFT!!! That was my one wish when I first heard of the preliminary specs
> - it eliminates the need to take an HT in my backpack too.

Merry Christmas :)

Yes, we're all in various phases of a holiday break, but the 2-m module will be #1 priority when we return. We're basically down to some firmware, a production PC board turn, and preparations for field test. I'd ask for more potential field testers, but we already have a long list, who we'll notify when the time comes. Thanks!

73,
Wayne
N6KR