#3814 is going QRO

Edward R Cole
I'm a bit behind reading the digest because of 16-inches+ of snow
since Saturday (had to get a little exercise with the snow shovel).

Rick,

I am still running barefoot with my K3/10.  I have checked into local
80m nets quite successfully, and the K3 Sunday 20m-SSB net a couple
times.  So QRP works pretty well if we only try it.  I have a 300w
amplifier kit which I hope to get on the bench for assembly in a
couple weeks.  So I will be moving up a notch in ERP.  I have a spare
8877 tube that may be used on HF/6m in a year or two?

My focus is eme and I have been fixing up the surplus HVPS to run my
2m-8877.  I just received my new 1296/28 transverter so am working on
interfacing it with the K3 (actually first installing a OCXO to
provide 10-MHz reference for the PLL in the transverter).

I also run my K3 at 0.1 mw on 495.6 KHz into a surplus NDB
transmitter to get 100w on that band.  The K3 replaced the xtal osc.

You can work the world on psk-31 with 12w!
back to the bench!

73, Ed - KL7UW

------------------------------
Message: 11
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2010 21:28:15 +0000
From: Rick Stealey <[hidden email]>
Subject: [Elecraft] #3814 is going QRO
To: <[hidden email]>

After nearly one year of operating my K3 at 10 watts, and being
continually amazed
at what it can work, it is going QRO!
New PA is on order from Elecraft and was shipped same day I ordered it.
Why you ask do I want to go to 100 watts if it works out so great on 10 w?
Need 50 watts or so to drive the 8877, and we're going full power for CQWW
and ARRL 160.
It's been a fun trip, a real blast.  I urge anyone considering a K3
and being a bit
short on funds to not be afraid of going on the bands with 10 watts.  You will
be amazed.
CW of course.

Rick  K2XT

73, Ed - KL7UW, WD2XSH/45