3rd order distortion

Mike Scott-7
>None of those things helps. I can reduce my LINE OUT gain to 1 and still
see
>the 3rd harmonic easily on the waterfall. I've had many rigs and this is
the
>first to do this.

My 3rd order distortion traces on DM780 disappear if I keep my line out gain
at 3 or less.
My AGC is not quite default and I have not run the tests at default AGC but
clearly it is possible to keep 3rd order effects on my K3 under control. The
manual says to keep line out gain less than 10, I suspect that is probably
not a good number.

What you see on line out has little to do with what you hear in the speaker
as you correctly noted the amplifiers are different.

Mike Scott
AE6WA Tarzana, CA
K3/100 SN508