40M VCO voltage out of range

K5JAZ
I set the VCO voltage at 4.0Mhz to 6.0v with L30. On 40M, the voltage
is 8.31v and does not change as the VCO frequency is varied. All other
bands are within range and behave normally. I don't know which
relay(s) (K13-K15) or capacitor(s) (C70-C75) may be at fault. Any help
appreciated.

Regards,
Jim K5JAZ
K2 #2535

Re: 40M VCO voltage out of range

Don Wilhelm-4
Jim,

Do you have the Rework Eliminators installed in that K2?  If so, follow
the instructions in the RE manual about the additions for the K60XV
option.  C71 is changed to 120 pF with the RE change or the installation
of the K60XV and requires that you set the secondary menu to D19 = Y.

After you install the K60XV, you will have to revisit the VCO voltage
settings following the instructions in the K60XV manual.

Jim Brown wrote:

> I set the VCO voltage at 4.0Mhz to 6.0v with L30. On 40M, the voltage
> is 8.31v and does not change as the VCO frequency is varied. All other
> bands are within range and behave normally. I don't know which
> relay(s) (K13-K15) or capacitor(s) (C70-C75) may be at fault. Any help
> appreciated.
>
> Regards,
> Jim K5JAZ
> K2 #2535

Re: 40M VCO voltage out of range

K5JAZ
Thanks Don. I do have the RE installed. This was a fully functional
K2/100 with all internal options that has  been in storage for several
years. I'm dusting it off and going through it thoroughly, from a
factory reset. That explains the D19 = Y problem. It has a couple of
other problems, notably bad AGC (can't set up S-Meter LO and HI
properly), and "dead" on receive. Step at a time.

Thanks again, Don.