80 meter ECN

Kevin Rock
Good Evening and Happy New Year!

My white paper is coming along quite nicely.  Another ten pages or so and
it will be ready.  This will free me up to finish my 80 meter loop.  If
the snow stops it will be great weather for antenna raising.  And kneeling
at the foundation to snake muddy ladder line :)  The fir trees are
drooping drastically though so I expect sleeping will prove difficult if
the snow keeps sloughing off the 100 foot trees over our house.  The
boughs make quite a racket as they crash into the roof.  But luckily last
year's heavy snowfall has removed the weakest ones so none should go
through the roof.

When I get the loop up and running we can plan an 80 meter Elecraft CW
Net.  We need to find a good time and day as well as a frequency on 80 m
which does not interfere with pre-existing nets.  I only know about the
traffic nets since that is the only reason I've ever used 80 meters
before.  Thus I'll need an experienced opinion or two.  But amateur radio
operators do not have opinions do they?

Take care and 73,
    Kevin.  KD5ONS  (Net Control Operator 5th Class)