$9.99 Headset

Dave Hachadorian
I forgot to bring my CM-500 Headset up to the summer cabin, but
spotted this one today for $9.99 with free shipping:
http://tinyurl.com/cubq6w9

I don't know how good it is, but the average review is 4 out of 5
stars.  It looks like the mic slides into the headphones for
storage, and can be pulled out for use.

Dave Hachadorian, K6LL
Big Bear Lake, California

.

Re: $9.99 Headset

Jim Brown-10
On 7/5/2012 2:22 PM, Dave Hachadorian wrote:
> I forgot to bring my CM-500 Headset up to the summer cabin, but
> spotted this one today for $9.99 with free shipping:

Headsets are something that you've got to try on.  Several months ago I
went to Fry's looking for some cheap headsets to use with Skype. There
were nearly a dozen in the $10 - $20 range, and I bought a small
sampling of the cheapies that looked promising. All produced acceptable
TX sound quality, headphone quality was mostly acceptable, but only one
was comfortable enough to be worn for more than about a half hour at a
time.  "Acceptable" means OK but not great.

73, Jim K9YC