903 or 1296 Mhz Transverter

NZ1I
I am just wondering if there is a 903 or 1296 Mhz Transverter in the works? It would be a nice Addition to the Fleet of Elecraft Transverters.

Thanks and 73,
Kevin NZ1I
K2 # 7362

Re: 903 or 1296 Mhz Transverter

Jim Brown-10
Down East Microwave makes several 900 MHz transverters using 10M or 2M
as the IF. Prices look quite reasonable. Their 1..2 GHz products are
unavailable under redesign.

73, Jim K9YC

On 1/28/2013 1:36 PM, NZ1I wrote:
> I am just wondering if there is a 903 or 1296 Mhz Transverter in the works?
> It would be a nice Addition to the Fleet of Elecraft Transverters.

Re: 903 or 1296 Mhz Transverter

NZ1I
Hi Jim, Thanks for the reply. I am Hoping that Elecraft will produce something to Match their current transverter line. I am familiar with Steve's offerings but I am a relatively new builder and I appreciate the step by step building process. Steve offers Excellent Customer Service but his kits are moreĀ tailored to the Experienced Builder. I am still Building my Confidence!

73,
Kevin NZ1IĀ

On 1/28/2013 1:36 PM, NZ1I wrote:
> I am just wondering if there is a 903 or 1296 Mhz Transverter in the works?
> It would be a nice Addition to the Fleet of Elecraft Transverters.

http://elecraft.365791.n2.nabble.com/903-or-1296-Mhz-Transverter-tp7569285p7569287.html
To unsubscribe from 903 or 1296 Mhz Transverter, click here.
NAML

On 1/30/2013 9:26 AM, NZ1I wrote:
> I am Hoping that Elecraft will produce
> something to Match their current transverter line.

I'm not, because I want Elecraft to remain a profitable business. They
are a small company, and cannot do that by throwing their limited
engineering and development dollars at products that can be sold to a
VERY small number of customers, far too small to return that development
cost, and a number made even smaller by the fact that there are already
well respected products in the product category.

73, Jim K9YC

Re: 903 or 1296 Mhz Transverter

Edward R Cole
Kevin NZ1I

Allow me a little self-promoting:  I build Downeast Microwave (DEMI)
transverter kits for those who do not wish to do it themselves.  I
charge the same total price as DEMI does for assembled units.  So far
I have limited this to the 50 thru 432 MHz units, but might extend
this up to 1296 units.

Steve is an old friend and I am an old customer (starting in 1996),
but I can deliver an assembled kit faster than Steve can fill orders
for assembled units.  I call this service "Kits made by KL7UW":
http://www.kl7uw.com/kits.htm

73, Ed - KL7UW

Re: 903 or 1296 Mhz Transverter

Jim Low man
Nice to know, Ed.  I've been toying with the idea of getting on 222 MHz
for the contests, but there is so little activity in this area (Los
Angeles/Orange County) that I'm trying to justify the expense of the
transverter and antenna.

I have a FT-847 that is virtually new, to get on 432 MHz.  I don't know
how popular 902 MHz is here, but there seems to be more 1296 activity,
including a couple of nets.

It's crazy - 14 million people in the area and so little happening on
222.  Lately, from what I've heard, it's mostly FM simplex in the contests.

73 de Jim - AD6CW