A K2HID Stawberry Fields Field Day

Frank Hilf
I took my K1 to Strawberry Fields in Central Park here in New York City. Set it up for 40 meters. We found a nice quiet spot with a few trees with low lying branches and lots of bushes. Threw a 25 foot wire over one branch and strung another 30 or so odd foot wire over the bushes. Clipped each of the wires, using alligator clips, to the coax, turned on the K1, pressed the tune buttons, and incredibly, had some fun! Worked 9 out of 10 stations called. The signals were booming in, wall to wall. Worked 1s, 2s, 3s, 4s, and 8s. The rig performed flawlessly. We were so inconspicuous, nobody took notice, despite lots of picnickers and people sound asleep on the grass. A stealthy New York field day. No doubt about it. There are Elecrafters lurking around the fields of Gotham!

Frank, K2HID