AF-1 audio filter

L. D. Ingram
Hi,

With all the chatter about the AF-1 audio filter lately I thought i
would post how I mounted the AF1 and an audio amplifier in a small
case to use with my K2. If anyone is interested you can find the
pictures and comments on my web site at lawrenceingram.com. Click on
the Ham Radio tab and then select the AF-1 article.

73,

Larry Ingram AG4NN

Re: AF-1 audio filter

AC7AC
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: AF-1 audio filter

Hisashi T Fujinaka
I wasn't paying enough attention lately. Does anyone have a comparison
of the audio filter in the AF-1 vs the one in the KAF2? I've wanted a
low pass filter for a while, and after seeing a youtube video of the
AF-1 I think that's what I'm looking for.

--
Hisashi T Fujinaka - [hidden email]

Re: AF-1 audio filter

AC7AC
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: AF-1 audio filter

L. D. Ingram
Ron,

Thanks for the complement; I enjoy seeing what I can do to make
something fit my needs.

I don't have a particularly noisy site but I have the radio sitting
on a shelf with another shelf just above it which makes the top
firing speaker in the K2 more difficult to hear. So I added the
amplifier to connect to a front facing speaker. I probably don't need
the extra audio level, but added it because I don't know what I might
connect it to in the future.

73,

Larry AG4NN

At 12:29 PM 12/1/2010, you wrote:

>Very nice execution Larry!
>
>I don't use an outboard audio amp with my AF1. The built-in LM386 amp in the
>AF1 drives a pair of outboard speakers for me with good volume. Do you have
>an unusually noisy environment?
>
>73,
>
>Ron AC7AC

Re: AF-1 audio filter

L. D. Ingram
Hisaahi,

I have used both and find both useful. The thing I like about the
AF-1 is the ability to shift the peak frequency.

73,

Larry Ingram AG4NN

At 12:34 PM 12/1/2010, you wrote:

>I wasn't paying enough attention lately. Does anyone have a comparison
>of the audio filter in the AF-1 vs the one in the KAF2? I've wanted a
>low pass filter for a while, and after seeing a youtube video of the
>AF-1 I think that's what I'm looking for.
>
>On Wed, 1 Dec 2010, Ron D'Eau Claire wrote:
>
>>Very nice execution Larry!
>>
>>I don't use an outboard audio amp with my AF1. The built-in LM386 amp in the
>>AF1 drives a pair of outboard speakers for me with good volume. Do you have
>>an unusually noisy environment?
>>
>>73,
>>
>>Ron AC7AC

Re: AF-1 audio filter

Hisashi T Fujinaka
I was looking for the KAF2 manual online to compare, but I didn't try
very hard. I'll have to try again tonight.