AGC and all that

M0XDF
With the changes to AGC in latest firmware and all the discussions on
here, I feel this 'newbie' is loosing it!
Would someone care to post a prasie of how the AGC works and how K3
config settings affect it?
If this is of value, I'll put it on the Wiki. Alternatively, just put
it on the Wiki yourself and let us know.
73 de M0XDF, K3 #174
--
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that,
you've got it made. -Groucho Marx

Re: AGC and all that

Gary, W7TEA
David, I would appreciate this as well.  I've spent a lot of time adjusting
the Threshold, Slope and RF gain looking for that "sweet spot" where
background noise drops and signal to noise ratio improves for weak signals.
I usually settle for a Threshold value of 4 or 5 but then summer QRN
seems especially harsh.

73,  Gary W7TEA

David Ferrington, M0XDF wrote
With the changes to AGC in latest firmware and all the discussions on
here, I feel this 'newbie' is loosing it!
Would someone care to post a prasie of how the AGC works and how K3
config settings affect it?
If this is of value, I'll put it on the Wiki. Alternatively, just put
it on the Wiki yourself and let us know.
73 de M0XDF, K3 #174
--
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that,
you've got it made. -Groucho Marx

Gary W7TEA  K3 #1001, #5763