AGC setting - reality check please

Tim Logan
Hi folks -
After reviewing the reflector archives regarding AGC setting and volume I decided to set my AGC in the manner Don Wilhelm describes. I took a quiet band and adjusted R1 just down to the point where I hear no difference in the band when I turn the AGC off  and on.  I made sure that I went no further then I had to and checked all bands. AFTER that I looked at the voltage measured on U2 pin 5 because I did not want the suggested 3.8v to cause me not to believe my ears - so to speak. The AGC is now set perfectly per Don's instructions and the voltage reading is 3.3v. Reality check -  that's a fair bit awy from 3.8 - is that acceptable or does it suggest something is wrong? Thanks you in advance.
73/Tim NZ7C