ATTN LED low level activity K1

ron hansen
This post was updated on .
Just finished receiver portion of build on unit ser no 3388. Everything working so far but I discovered a strange condition with the ATTN LED. Whenever the display is set for BAT voltage the ATTN LED very dimly flashes at about 10 times per second. The flashing is sort of random and only happens when BAT is selected. Seems like this control is coming from the PIC, there is no other input to the LM358...
Not a big deal, otherwise the ATTN LED works fine..
Ron

Re: ATTN LED low level activity

Don Wilhelm-4
Ron,

That has to be a K1 that you are dealing with, although you did not
state it.
When BAT is selected, the MCU samples the voltage produced by the R6 and
R7 voltage divider.  When ATTN is to be indicated, the MCU pulls pin 3
to a low state which turns on the LED.
I suspect you are seeing the result of brief negative going pulses
between intervals when the voltage is sampled at the MCU pin 3.
I do not see any evidence of that behavior with a 13.8 volt power
source, but I suspect it may become evident with a low supply voltage.
As you indicate, it should not be a big deal, but is only "interesting
behavior".

Message delivered to [hidden email]

Re: ATTN LED low level activity

ron hansen
Hi Don, yes the rig is a K1, sorry I don't post much so I forgot.
Yes that has to be how the ATTN LED is getting pulsed. In my case
I am running the radio at 13.8 volt input so I wonder why all K1's
don't exhibit this issue... I will have to get my o'scope on it and look
a little deeper..
Being an old hardware guy I'm sure I can blame this on the software!!
Ron WA9ADT

 Subject: Re: [Elecraft] ATTN LED low level activity
 To: "ron hansen" <[hidden email]>, [hidden email]
 Date: Wednesday, September 30, 2015, 7:39 AM