ATU Manual Adjust not working in Beta 02.16

ATU Manual Adjust not working in Beta 02.16

Mike Scott-7
Windy asked: How do you tune the ATU optimally for BCB, since you can't
transmit?

I am finding with Beta 02.16/00.02/0.184 that I can't adjust ATU L and C
values. I select CONFIG: KAT3 LC Set then tap ATU Tune and I see the
following

CA 0.00 nF in VFO A
L 0.00 uH in VFO B

Moving the VFO A and VFO B knobs does not change the values. Moving VFO A I
believe is really doing something else; I heard relay clicking just as if I
had not tapped ATU. When I tap ANT I do see CA change to Ct. Moving VFO B
apparently was doing something invisible also as explained below.

After the above when I tried to auto tune after going back out of the menu
system (ATU set to Auto) I got ERR TXF. Apparently while trying to adjust
the CA and L values all the time seeing zero values per above I ended up
editing the bandwidth of the 2.7 KHz filter installed in slot 3. I changed
that back to 2.7 KHz and the radio now auto tunes.

Have I forgotten something? Something is definitely not working as expected
on my end. I am wondering if the ATU LC Set firmware got messed up in this
beta.

For reference here is what the manual says in case others wish to find out
if their ATU LC Set got broken also.

KAT3 ATU mode; normally set to BYP or AUTO (you can alternate between
these settings using the ATU switch). Modes L1-L8, C1-C8, and Ct are used to
test KAT3 relays. Mode LCSET allows manual adjustment of L/C/net settings.
When in this mode, tapping ATU TUNE shows the L & C value; C is changed
with VFO A, L is changed with VFO B, and ANT toggles between Ca and Ct .

Mike Scott - AE6WA
Tarzana, CA (DM04 / near LA)
K3-100 #508/ KX1  #1311