AUX port gender on KPA1500 different than KPA500

AUX port gender on KPA1500 different than KPA500

Dan AE9K
The picture of back of the RF deck on the KPA1500 FAQ shows a female DE-15
for the AUX port.  The KPA500 has a male DE-15 AUX port.  Is the port in the
picture correct or just a pre-production mock-up with the wrong gender?

I ask because I'm inserting a switch box and am making the associated cables
to be able to flip back and forth between the two amps (when the KPA1500
arrives).

Dan
AE9K

--
Sent from: http://elecraft.365791.n2.nabble.com/

Message delivered to [hidden email]

Re: AUX port gender on KPA1500 different than KPA500

Elecraft mailing list
The FCC OET External Pictures here:

https://apps.fcc.gov/oetcf/eas/reports/ViewExhibitReport.cfm?mode=Exhibits&R
equestTimeout=500&calledFromFrame=N&application_id=ihVuEIeRW6zTYKpm1zmQDA==&
fcc_id=UTR-KPA1500

External Photos show a male AUX connector.

Hopefully that is what the production model will have.

'73 de JIM N2ZZ

The picture of back of the RF deck on the KPA1500 FAQ shows a female DE-15
for the AUX port.  The KPA500 has a male DE-15 AUX port.  Is the port in the
picture correct or just a pre-production mock-up with the wrong gender?

I ask because I'm inserting a switch box and am making the associated cables
to be able to flip back and forth between the two amps (when the KPA1500
arrives).

Dan
AE9K

--
Sent from: http://elecraft.365791.n2.nabble.com/

delivered to [hidden email]

Message delivered to [hidden email]

Re: AUX port gender on KPA1500 different than KPA500

Dan AE9K
Thanks Jim.  I wasn't aware the FCC acceptance info was available.

Unrelated but interesting is that the KPA1500 FAQ puts the typical drive
power at 50W but the average in the FCC tests was 66W.  17m required a
whopping 81W.

--
Sent from: http://elecraft.365791.n2.nabble.com/

Message delivered to [hidden email]

Re: AUX port gender on KPA1500 different than KPA500

Michael Eberle
I would think both amplifiers will have the same connector on the
production models since the order page lists the same cable (KPAK3AUX)
for both of them.

Mike KI0HA

On 12/2/2017 23:17, James F. Boehner MD via Elecraft wrote:

> The FCC OET External Pictures here:
>
> https://apps.fcc.gov/oetcf/eas/reports/ViewExhibitReport.cfm?mode=Exhibits&R
> equestTimeout=500&calledFromFrame=N&application_id=ihVuEIeRW6zTYKpm1zmQDA==&
> fcc_id=UTR-KPA1500
>
> External Photos show a male AUX connector.
>
> Hopefully that is what the production model will have.
>
> '73 de JIM N2ZZ

Dick Dievendorff-4
Dan:

The initial prototypes used for photos did have a male DE-15.  That was
changed in a subsequent prototype revision.  The KPA1500 prototype here has
a male DE-15 AUX connector, just like my KPA500.

The K3/K3S to KPA1500 15-pin ACC cable is the same as the cable for KPA500.

The KPAK3AUX cable set includes a Y cable expansion adapter and a TX keying
line interrupter (see KPAK3AUX in the KPA1500 section of our product list),
or the 15-pin cable can be ordered separately without the Y and TX key line
interrupter, see the KAT500 section of our order page, P/N E850463.

73 de Dick, K6KR