Adjust TX and RX Equalizer

dave.wilburn
Do any of the rig control tools adjust the menu / equalizer settings?
  I have had a difficult time making adjustments in the small window
available in the menu screen.  Any suggestions are appreciated.

--
David Wilburn
K4DGW

Re: Adjust TX and RX Equalizer

drewko
On Fri, 25 Jul 2008 13:16:00 -0400, David Wilburn K4DGW wrote:

>Do any of the rig control tools adjust the menu / equalizer settings?
>  I have had a difficult time making adjustments in the small window
>available in the menu screen.  Any suggestions are appreciated.

Well, I just dial the RxEQ in by ear and referring to the db values so
a better graphical display isn't really necessary (i.e., select the
bands with the number keys and dial in the eq with the vfo knob). It
goes pretty quickly.

But I think the RxEQ should be mode specific. You generally don't want
the RXeq for CW the same as AM or SSB, and it's not very convenient
having to change it every time you switch modes. I think this issue
has been raised before.

73,
Drew
AF2Z

Re: Adjust TX and RX Equalizer

Dave, G4AON
There is already a "bypass" facility for the equaliser with the
synchronous data mode used for Pactor and Amtor modes, this is assigned
to one of the PF keys and when in use bypasses the TX and RX
equalisation. Maybe someday Wayne and Lyle will include an equaliser
switching function, it could be assigned to one of the PF keys and
rotate through perhaps two user defined settings and "off" for both TX
and RX. Hopefully, the K3 will not become over complex with these
various suggestions, one of the delights is the ability to use it
without constant reference to the manual!

73 Dave, G4AON
K3/100 #80
----------------

But I think the RxEQ should be mode specific. You generally don't want
the RXeq for CW the same as AM or SSB, and it's not very convenient
having to change it every time you switch modes. I think this issue
has been raised before.

73,
Drew
AF2Z

Re: Adjust TX and RX Equalizer

dave.wilburn
Thanks much.  I probably just need to play with it more.  Having a
hard time hearing the differences.  Probably an hour or two, too many
around BUFFs.  Thanks again.

David Wilburn
K4DGW