Adjusting KX3 NR level *after* it's been enabled

Adjusting KX3 NR level *after* it's been enabled

K1BRA
Hi,
Brand new KX3 owner here. I've searched online and through the archives and there's one thing I can't figure out. It seems like the only time that you can tweak the NR wet/dry mix is immediately after you turn NR on. Is there any way to change/tweak the NR level *after* its been enabled, other than going into the RX NR MENU settings? I'd like to be able to tweak the NR level in 'real-time' in the same manner that you can tweak the PBT settings.

I'm surprised that I haven't seen this talked about elsewhere. Granted, not all radios implement this feature well, however newer radios like the Yaesu FT-991 do a decent job of it.

Thanks,
Tim Henrion
KC1EOQ

Re: Adjusting KX3 NR level *after* it's been enabled

Michael Greb
I've wondered the same, only having my kx3 for a few weeks.  One
solution is programming one of the PF keys to trigger the menu item
but thi.s seems like a waste of a PF key if there's another way.

Mike AC2RK

On Sun, Mar 13, 2016 at 5:00 PM, KC1EOQ <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
> Brand new KX3 owner here. I've searched online and through the archives and
> there's one thing I can't figure out. It seems like the only time that you
> can tweak the NR wet/dry mix is immediately after you turn NR on. Is there
> any way to change/tweak the NR level *after* its been enabled, other than
> going into the RX NR MENU settings? I'd like to be able to tweak the NR
> level in 'real-time' in the same manner that you can tweak the PBT settings.
>
> I'm surprised that I haven't seen this talked about elsewhere. Granted, not
> all radios implement this feature well, however newer radios like the Yaesu
> FT-991 do a decent job of it.
>
> Thanks,
> Tim Henrion
> KC1EOQ

Message delivered to [hidden email]

Re: Adjusting KX3 NR level *after* it's been enabled

Nr4c
Why not turn NR Off and back On and make adjustments.

Sent from my iPhone
...nr4c. bill

> On Mar 13, 2016, at 5:22 PM, Michael Greb <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I've wondered the same, only having my kx3 for a few weeks.  One
> solution is programming one of the PF keys to trigger the menu item
> but thi.s seems like a waste of a PF key if there's another way.
>
> Mike AC2RK
>
>> On Sun, Mar 13, 2016 at 5:00 PM, KC1EOQ <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hi,
>> Brand new KX3 owner here. I've searched online and through the archives and
>> there's one thing I can't figure out. It seems like the only time that you
>> can tweak the NR wet/dry mix is immediately after you turn NR on. Is there
>> any way to change/tweak the NR level *after* its been enabled, other than
>> going into the RX NR MENU settings? I'd like to be able to tweak the NR
>> level in 'real-time' in the same manner that you can tweak the PBT settings.
>>
>> I'm surprised that I haven't seen this talked about elsewhere. Granted, not
>> all radios implement this feature well, however newer radios like the Yaesu
>> FT-991 do a decent job of it.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Tim Henrion
>> KC1EOQ

> Message delivered to [hidden email]

Message delivered to [hidden email]

Re: Adjusting KX3 NR level *after* it's been enabled

K1BRA
That’s what I have to do right now and its insanely annoying because both the OFF and ON operations are long presses.
One of the great things about the KX3 is that it has outstanding usability from the front panel knobs and controls. The “adjusting the NR level” problem really kills this.

The Win4K3Suite allows tweaking this via a Spin control that appears to execute the remote commands to change the menu settings. Not an ideal solution because each single level change incurs the round-trip delay to execute the remote commands, making the change from say “4” to “7” more time consuming than it needs to be.

Tim Henrion
KC1EOQ