Amplifiers

John Simmons
I'm looking for recommendations on a full power (1.5KW output) amp
(something more than a pair of 3-500s) that covers 160-10 including the
WARC bands. Currently I'm running a Henry 2K-2 which works great. Alpha?
What model. I'm considering something used rather than new. Please hold
the opinions on 1KW vs 1.5KW.

John NI0K

Re: Amplifiers

Arie Kleingeld PA3A-2
Used one: Go for a Commander HF-2500. built like a tank. No fancy stuff.

73
Arie PA3A

Op 3-2-2012 20:55, John Simmons schreef:
> I'm looking for recommendations on a full power (1.5KW output) amp
> <>I'm considering something used rather than new. Please hold
> the opinions on 1KW vs 1.5KW.
>
> John NI0K

Re: Amplifiers

Jim Brown-10
On 2/3/2012 11:55 AM, John Simmons wrote:
> I'm looking for recommendations on a full power (1.5KW output)

The Ten Tec Titan 425 (the original) works quite well with a K3 (and
with every other rig I've used to drive it. I have three of them.  It is
possible to key the K3 directly and use the K3 Key out to drive the
Titan in VOX mode on both CW, SSB, and digital modes.  That's because
the K3 has a built-in delay of the TX signal that is adjustable, and
defaults to 8msec.  It runs fine in full QSK, but I don't run it that
way very often because I do a lot of contesting, and got tired of
replacing the vacuum relay every couple of years. :)

73, Jim K9YC

Re: Amplifiers

Kjeld Holm
Dear OM John,

My recommandation is Acom 2000A (plus Acom 2000SW and Acom 2000S).

This is not cheap right now but in the long run it will be the least
expensive solution because you will not want anything else for the next 10
to 20 years.

I have "lost" money on going through the following PAs before arriving at
the "final solution": Yaesu FL-2700, Hammerlund (forgot the type), Drake
L4B, SPE Expert 1K.

Vy de 73

OZ1CCM Kel

KH-Translation ApS

Gyvelbakken 11

DK-4400 Kalundborg

Tel.: (+45) 30 49 39 64

Fax:  (+45) 45 82 96 37

e-mail:  <mailto:[hidden email]> [hidden email]

CVR (VAT) 29613443

Homepage: www.kh-translation.dk <http://www.kh-translation.dk/>

I'm looking for recommendations on a full power (1.5KW output) amp
(something more than a pair of 3-500s) that covers 160-10 including the WARC
bands. Currently I'm running a Henry 2K-2 which works great. Alpha?

What model. I'm considering something used rather than new. Please hold the
opinions on 1KW vs 1.5KW.

John NI0K

Help:  <http://mailman.qth.net/mmfaq.htm> http://mailman.qth.net/mmfaq.htm

Post:  <mailto:[hidden email]> mailto:[hidden email]

This list hosted by:  <http://www.qsl.net> http://www.qsl.net

Please help support this email list:  <http://www.qsl.net/donate.html>
http://www.qsl.net/donate.html