Any possibility of "Now accepting orders for the KAT500 ??"

Any possibility of "Now accepting orders for the KAT500 ??"

Fred Bennett  N9TA-2
   Howdy Ya'll

I'd dearly love to see a "Now accepting orders for the KAT500" on the
Elecraft website. It would give us a chance to get our name on one at the
earliest opportunity. With my...unusual...antennas it will give me about 5
more bands!!

   73...de...Fred  N9TA

Re: Any possibility of "Now accepting orders for the KAT500 ??"

Jim Brown-10
On 4/10/2012 2:05 PM, Fred Bennett N9TA wrote:
> I'd dearly love to see a "Now accepting orders for the KAT500" on the
> Elecraft website.

Wouldn't we all!  The last report here was that the engineering
department is putting serious effort into optimizing the design and
manufacturing details.  I would far rather wait a bit longer for a more
wonderful product than have something fast.  And if it's as wonderful as
Eric's post a few weeks ago suggested, I'll probably buy three of them
right away.

73, Jim K9YC

Re: Any possibility of "Now accepting orders for the KAT500 ??"

Eric Swartz - WA6HHQ
Administrator
Me too! ;-)

First painted and silk screened sheet metal is now here for testing with
the KAT500 pc boards (we had unpainted protos before that). We're now
getting all of the material logistics and final firmware ready.  We are
working hard to get this ready for ordering ASAP.

It looks great. Stay tuned!

Eric
---
www.elecraft.com