Apology

Pete Smith N4ZR
My apologies to any members of this list whom I offended with my recent
message on terminology. It wasn't until after I had written and sent the
message that I realized it could be taken as critical of a specific
individual's use of the term"Key" to refer to T/R switching.

I was mainly intending to raise the question of why Elecraft mislabels
the PTT OUT jack on the back of the K3 as KEY OUT.  Given that there are
KEY and PTT IN jacks immediately adjacent to the KEY OUT jack, this
could be confusing to the uninitiated.  The fact that it also CB usage
chafes a little, but is distinctly secondary to the practical point.

Again, sorry folks.

--
73, Pete N4ZR
The World Contest Station Database, updated daily at www.conteststations.com