Are K3 serial numbers sequential?

KD3RF
It would be nice to someday see a listing of serial numbers on the Elecraft website indicating the year that a piece of equipment was shipped from the factory for some of the major items:  K1, KX1, K2, K3, KPA500...

No rush of course.  Far more important to get orders out the door than to make lists (hi hi).

Simple list of ranges would do it:

S/N 00001 - S/N 00998       2008

S/N 00998 - S/N 01998       2009

etc... etc...

de Andy, KD3RF / VE2DXY

Re: Are K3 serial numbers sequential?

M0XDF
does this help?
http://www.zerobeat.net/cgi-bin/k2data/db.cgi
73 de M0XDF, K3 #174, P3 #108, KX3 #???
--
There is a coherent plan in the universe,
though I don't know what it is a plan for.

On 15 Jun 2011, at 01:59, KD3RF wrote:

> It would be nice to someday see a listing of serial numbers on the Elecraft
> website indicating the year that a piece of equipment was shipped from the
> factory for some of the major items:  K1, KX1, K2, K3, KPA500...
>
> No rush of course.  Far more important to get orders out the door than to
> make lists (hi hi).
>
> Simple list of ranges would do it:
>
> S/N 00001 - S/N 00998       2008
>
> S/N 00998 - S/N 01998       2009
>
> etc... etc...

Re: Are K3 serial numbers sequential?

Ken Chandler
Well I'd forgotten all about that!
Just posted my K2 on the page.
Thanks for reminding us!

Ken..G0ORH  K2 K3 P3

Sent from my iPhone

On 15 Jun 2011, at 16:47, "David Ferrington, M0XDF" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> does this help?
> http://www.zerobeat.net/cgi-bin/k2data/db.cgi
> 73 de M0XDF, K3 #174, P3 #108, KX3 #???
> --
> There is a coherent plan in the universe,
> though I don't know what it is a plan for.
>                                            - Fred Hoyle
>
> On 15 Jun 2011, at 01:59, KD3RF wrote:
>
>> It would be nice to someday see a listing of serial numbers on the Elecraft
>> website indicating the year that a piece of equipment was shipped from the
>> factory for some of the major items:  K1, KX1, K2, K3, KPA500...
>>
>> No rush of course.  Far more important to get orders out the door than to
>> make lists (hi hi).
>>
>> Simple list of ranges would do it:
>>
>> S/N 00001 - S/N 00998       2008
>>
>> S/N 00998 - S/N 01998       2009
>>
>> etc... etc...

Re: Are K3 serial numbers sequential?

KD3RF
Great start and I'll enter my K3 S/N.

What I was actually hoping to find out however, was two things:

1)  How many K3s have been shipped to date?

and...

2) To have a ready reference when someone posts one for sale as to its date of manufacture?

S/N tracking seems to be an issue with just about every manufacturer, going back to the original Collins S-Line and KWM2 series where it was impossible to tell exactly when a particular rig was manufactured.

de Andy, KD3RF / VE2DXY

Re: Are K3 serial numbers sequential?

Don Wilhelm-4
  Andy,

Because Elecraft offers upgrade kits that can be installed, any K3 (or
K2 for that matter) can be brought up to the current level.  Your effort
may not reveal true information about the level of any K3.

What that means is that the ship date and serial number is not as
important as it is in other radios that do not provide that type of
updating.  When buying a used K3, if you have assurances from the owner
that all the updates have been installed, even the first K3s shipped can
be just as current as a K3 that ships today.

If you do not have the documentation for the mods installed, one can do
a physical inspection to determine which mods have been installed on any
particular K3.  Look at the K3 along with the mod instructions to see if
it has been installed.

The listing of mods on the Elecraft website has approximate serial
numbers and dates for the cut-into production.  I would use that rather
than any list provided voluntarily by users.

As an example, my K3 SN 00020 has all the upgrades installed, except for
the DSP board which I chose to install the low pass filter instead of
swapping for the upgraded DSP board.  Except for the extended audio low
frequency response offered by the board swap, my K3 is the same as one
with equal options shipping today.

We can thank Elecraft for providing those mod kits to allow customers to
upgrade their K2s and K3s.  Not many other manufacturers do that.

On 6/16/2011 11:07 AM, KD3RF wrote:

> Great start and I'll enter my K3 S/N.
>
> What I was actually hoping to find out however, was two things:
>
> 1)  How many K3s have been shipped to date?
>
> and...
>
> 2) To have a ready reference when someone posts one for sale as to its date
> of manufacture?
>
> S/N tracking seems to be an issue with just about every manufacturer, going
> back to the original Collins S-Line and KWM2 series where it was impossible
> to tell exactly when a particular rig was manufactured.

Re: Are K3 serial numbers sequential?

Petr, OK1RP/M0SIS
Can I ask kindly for hint where I can make registration to the zerobeat list of K3 members please?

Petr, OK1RP
K3 #778
73 - Petr, OK1RP
"Apple & Elecraft freak"
B:http://ok1rp.blogspot.com
MeWe: https://bit.ly/2HGPoDx
MeWe: https://bit.ly/2FmwvDt

Re: Are K3 serial numbers sequential?

David Pratt
Here it is, Petr....
http://www.zerobeat.net/qrp/elowners.html

73 de David G4DMP
K3 #0186

In a recent message, ok1rp <[hidden email]> writes

--
 | David M Pratt, Kippax, Leeds.   |

Message delivered to [hidden email]