Attitude

rfenabled
(Snip)

I certainly agree with you Brendan.  If we are going to keep this avocation healthy we must share knowledge whenever we can.  I was one of the ones attacked by this accusation of being recently licensed and never learning anything again.  I hope that this ridiculous thread will die soon because I am confident that the accusers are not as educated as the accused.

Willis 'Cookie' Cooke
K5EWJ, first licensed as KN5EWJ, 1956
Extra Class at the FCC, 1976
Air Force Navigator, 1962
Air Force Electronic Warfare Officer, 1963
BS Physics, Cum Laude, Sam Houston State, 1972
Professional Electrical Engineer, Texas 52999
Control Systems Engineer for 30 years.

Well I had reservations about becoming a Ham for many years because of the so called *snobbery* exhibited by many Hams I had met over years, however one took it upon themselves to push me a bit and so I studied and passed the exam with limited educational background.

I don't take it personally when I read comments complaining about the *easy* exams nowadays, instead I just smile to myself and find the delete key or simply turn up the DSP between the ears...no granularity issues with my DSP it can tune any offending *noise* out...:-)

I am now part of a diverse group of Hams and we simply enjoy life, operating our radios and helping each other learn more about the hobby..did I just write hobby?..yep, sure did, that is exactly what it is, pure and simple...a hobby

Perhaps many should relearn that.

Gary
VK4WT
Sent via BlackBerry® from Telstra