Attn: XG3 owners

Rose

I'm considering offering a fabric case for the XG3
and it's cables.  It would be an open-at-the top item
with two or three fleece-lined pockets loose enough
that the XG3 could be lifted out easily.  It would have
a top flap secured with one-inch Velcro, much like my
radio cases, or an over-gown cell phone case.

What do you want to put in the case beyond the
supplied programming cable and a BNC output
cable?  There would be room for a spare battery
and a couple of coax adapters, of course.

I think there would be room on the front to embroider
the Elecraft  "E" with "XG3" below that.

Do you have any interest in a belt loop on the back?

Would you have an interest in such a case?  Cost?
I don't know yet, but "reasonable". (:-))

73!
Rose - N7HKW
[hidden email]
http://tinyurl.com/7lm3m5

Re: Attn: XG3 owners

Alan Bloom
Hi Rose,

The microphone is an obvious candidate.  Also the key paddle unless you
can figure a way to protect it securely while it is still attached to
the radio.

Al N1AL

On Sun, 2011-05-29 at 11:25 -0600, Rose wrote:

> I'm considering offering a fabric case for the XG3
> and it's cables.  It would be an open-at-the top item
> with two or three fleece-lined pockets loose enough
> that the XG3 could be lifted out easily.  It would have
> a top flap secured with one-inch Velcro, much like my
> radio cases, or an over-gown cell phone case.
>
> What do you want to put in the case beyond the
> supplied programming cable and a BNC output
> cable?  There would be room for a spare battery
> and a couple of coax adapters, of course.
>
> I think there would be room on the front to embroider
> the Elecraft  "E" with "XG3" below that.
>
> Do you have any interest in a belt loop on the back?
>
> Would you have an interest in such a case?  Cost?
> I don't know yet, but "reasonable". (:-))
>
> 73!
> Rose - N7HKW
> [hidden email]
> http://tinyurl.com/7lm3m5

Re: Attn: XG3 owners

Guy, K2AV
I find that I finally have to make a set of short jumpers and adapters
for EACH of my instruments and keep them with THAT instrument and
nowhere else.  I would need some place to store a row of adapters,
barrel, bnc to uhf, uhf to N, etc.  That's like another compartment.

On Sun, May 29, 2011 at 5:37 PM, Alan Bloom <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Rose,
>
> The microphone is an obvious candidate.  Also the key paddle unless you
> can figure a way to protect it securely while it is still attached to
> the radio.
>
> Al N1AL
>

> On Sun, 2011-05-29 at 11:25 -0600, Rose wrote:
>> I'm considering offering a fabric case for the XG3
>> and it's cables.  It would be an open-at-the top item
>> with two or three fleece-lined pockets loose enough
>> that the XG3 could be lifted out easily.  It would have
>> a top flap secured with one-inch Velcro, much like my
>> radio cases, or an over-gown cell phone case.
>>
>> What do you want to put in the case beyond the
>> supplied programming cable and a BNC output
>> cable?  There would be room for a spare battery
>> and a couple of coax adapters, of course.
>>
>> I think there would be room on the front to embroider
>> the Elecraft  "E" with "XG3" below that.
>>
>> Do you have any interest in a belt loop on the back?
>>
>> Would you have an interest in such a case?  Cost?
>> I don't know yet, but "reasonable". (:-))
>>
>> 73!
>> Rose - N7HKW
>> [hidden email]
>> http://tinyurl.com/7lm3m5
>> Post: mailto:[hidden email]

Re: Attn: XG3 owners

Paul Saffren N6HZ
My vote: extra battery, space for a DC and programming cables, plus bnc cable and maybe an adapter or two.  What would be nice is if the case could have some relief for the power button.

-paul (n6hz)