Audible thump sound when sending cw on K2

Audible thump sound when sending cw on K2

Don Baucom
I noticed when I send CW in addition to the sidetone there a thump sound that I hear on each character or almost each character. It is not noticed on 40 meters. I can hear it some on 20. I hear it more on 12m and then it is the strongest on 10 meters were it is very noticeable.

I don't hear it in the test Mode

Any Ideas?

73
Don
K4YND

Re: Audible thump sound when sending cw on K2

Don Wilhelm-4
Don,

Check the menu setting of 8R.  It can be found as a DISPLAY option from
the T-R DLY menu.  It should be set to HOLD.  While you are at that menu
setting, be certain the T-R delay is set to .04 or greater.

If it persists *and* you have the KPA100 and the KDSP2 installed, make
sure the KPA100 is at the latest level with blue toroids at RFC1 and
L16.  If you have an older KPA100, update it with KPA100UPKT.

On 12/15/2013 8:57 AM, Don Baucom wrote:

> I noticed when I send CW in addition to the sidetone there a thump sound that
> I hear on each character or almost each character. It is not noticed on 40
> meters. I can hear it some on 20. I hear it more on 12m and then it is the
> strongest on 10 meters were it is very noticeable.
>
> I don't hear it in the test Mode
>
> Any Ideas?
>
> 73
> Don
> K4YND

Re: Audible thump sound when sending cw on K2

Don Baucom
I just changed the QSK delay to .04 and now the thumps are gone. I would think I would still hear thumps but not as many I hear nothing and am very pleased.

Im not sure understand?

73
Don