Auto Tuner

Phil LaMarche-2
LDG is shipping a new 600 watt auto tuner this month for only 359.00.  It
supports Icom and Yaesu for tracking with a cable.  Emailed the factory
about the K3 and they said they had no plans to support Elecraft.  That
tuner with the new amplifier would be perfect and LDG is missing the boat on
this product.  I told them so as well.  Disappointed!

Phil

Philip LaMarche

LaMarche Enterprises, Inc
[hidden email]
www.LaMarcheEnterprises.com <http://www.lamarcheenterprises.com/>

727-944-3226
727-937-8834 Fax
727-510-5038 Cell

www.w9dvm.com <http://www.w9dvm.com/>

K3 #1605

CCA 98-00827
CRA 1701
W9DVM

Re: Auto Tuner

Grant Youngman
I'd just let them miss the boat.  Based on some comments by Eric at Ham-Com, it is probably not unreasonable to believe an auto-tuner for the KPA500 power class will be covered in a P3 sized footprint.  Probably after the KPA500 ships later this year.

Grant/NQ5T

On Jun 16, 2010, at 2:06 PM, Phil LaMarche wrote:

> LDG is shipping a new 600 watt auto tuner this month for only 359.00.  It
> supports Icom and Yaesu for tracking with a cable.  Emailed the factory
> about the K3 and they said they had no plans to support Elecraft.  That
> tuner with the new amplifier would be perfect and LDG is missing the boat on
> this product.  I told them so as well.  Disappointed!
>
> Phil
>
> Philip LaMarche

Re: Auto Tuner

Bruce Beford-2
> Phil Lamarche wrote:

> LDG is shipping a new 600 watt auto tuner this month for only 359.00.  It
> supports Icom and Yaesu for tracking with a cable.  Emailed the factory
> about the K3 and they said they had no plans to support Elecraft.  That
> tuner with the new amplifier would be perfect and LDG is missing the boat
> on this product.  I told them so as well.  Disappointed!

At first glance, I would not call this tuner "perfect" for use with the
KPA-500 at all. It is under-rated for full ouput of the KPA-500. It will
only handle 300W on RTTY, and 250W on 6M. From what I have read thus far,
the KPA-500 can comfortably produce continuous power levels that would bring
this tuner to it's knees.

I wouldn't be too disappointed. Keep looking.
Bruce, N1RX

>From the LDG website:

LDG has announced the AT-600Pro Autotuner. It will handle 600 watts on SSB
and CW, 300 watts on RTTY and 250 watts on 54 MHz. Features include an LED
indicator for antenna selection and an LED to indicate when in bypass.
Delivery for the AT-600Pro is mid June, 2010. A preliminary manual is
available from our Manuals section. Suggested Retail Price $359.99.

Re: Auto Tuner

Don Ehrlich
For what it's worth the Band Decoding in the K3 is compatible with Yaesu
band decoders.  If LDG is compatible with the band decoder of Yaesu then an
appropriate cable from the tuner to the DB15 connector on the K3 should
work.  Such a cable is available from Array Solutions.

If the tuner communicates only through the RS232 port then all bets are off.
This may be likely because the tuner really needs to know the exact
frequency rather than just the band.

Is it true that they do not support Kenwood?  That would be strange.

Don K7FJ

> LDG is shipping a new 600 watt auto tuner this month for only 359.00.  It
> supports Icom and Yaesu for tracking with a cable.  Emailed the factory
> about the K3 and they said they had no plans to support Elecraft.  That
> tuner with the new amplifier would be perfect and LDG is missing the boat
> on
> this product.  I told them so as well.  Disappointed!
>
> Phil

Re: Auto Tuner

hf4me
I think you have probably just listed the reason LDG isn't supporting
Elecraft - they can't handle it.

73, Jim