Auto-detect disable with internal keyer

Tom Althoff
While squeezing out CW using the internal keyer I occassionally manage to close both paddles at the same time and generate a continuous tone.

I only see three menu choices.   Normal paddle (auto-detect on) Reverse paddle (auto-detect on) and Handkey (auto-detect off).

Am I correct in thinking that it is not possible to tell the K2 that I will always use a paddle and want the auto-detect feature turned off?

Tom K2TA

Re: Auto-detect disable with internal keyer

Mike S-8
At 06:47 AM 11/26/2004, Tom Althoff wrote...
>While squeezing out CW using the internal keyer I occassionally manage to close both paddles at the same time and generate a continuous tone.
>
>I only see three menu choices.   Normal paddle (auto-detect on) Reverse paddle (auto-detect on) and Handkey (auto-detect off).
>
>Am I correct in thinking that it is not possible to tell the K2 that I will always use a paddle and want the auto-detect feature turned off?

At least with current firmware, pressing "display" when in that menu choice will toggle auto-detect on/off. This is described on page 86 of the current manual.

Re: Auto-detect disable with internal keyer

Tom Althoff
Thanks Mike!   I found it on Page 95 of the Ref F, Jan 29, 2004 manual.
I'll change the setting for the contest this weekend.

73 de Tom K2TA