BCB sensitivity

Mike Scott-7
>Is sensitivity very low below about 1000khz in the BC band or is it just
me?

Something to keep in mind, there is gigantic difference in the BCB
performance on my K3 depending on what antenna I have it connected to and
the results are counterintuitive. On a BCB station I am listening to at 790
KHZ right now hooked up to a resonant 20M dipole the S reading is 10 over
S9. When I shift to a 40M inverted V the signal drops to S4 with ATU and S3
with ATU in bypass. The difference is gigantic. A resonant 40M antenna seems
to be a particularly bad BCB performer. The 20M dipole has a Balun, the 40M
inverted V does not.

Sometimes the ATU helps and sometimes the ATU hurts signals on the BCB.

Mike Scott

Tarzana, CA