BE CAREFUL

Robert McGwier
Be careful around T2, Z1, Z2, etc.  I blew the finals by dropping 12V on the base of the power transistors.  They were gone in a flash even though the bench power supply current limited to 600 ma.
DRAT!
Bob N4HY

Re: BE CAREFUL

wayne burdick
Administrator
Bob,

We put in programmable current limiting and full protection from
reversed supply polarity, reversed internal battery, and shorts from
the 12 V line to ground. The K2 is really hard to damage. Only a truly
motivated and innovative tinkerer could find a way to fry the finals
;)

Wayne

On Jul 1, 2004, at 8:39 AM, [hidden email] wrote:

> Be careful around T2, Z1, Z2, etc....

---

http://www.elecraft.com

RE: BE CAREFUL

Robert McGwier
I tried really hard and managed it!  Everything else seems to be fine but
I would like the stand off for the heat sinks to "look better" so I got
the PA kit.   The small troubles I have been having, and they really are
small, are in the category of irritations and not the end of the world.
I figure they will be good "war stories" for later!