Birdie's in K2 VFO???

WE0H
Anyone else notice a birdie when the display is tuned upward from xx.11
to xx.12mc??? It is the transition from any megahertz dot 11 to dot 12.
It throws out a loud birdie every time at any MC interval. Does that
make sense? I am on 30 meters right now. The display shows 10114.11 then
I tune to 10114.12 and I hear the birdie on that transition. It also
happens at 10115.11 to 10115.12 and so forth on up the bands.

Mike
WE0H
K2 6698

Re: Birdie's in K2 VFO???

Don Wilhelm-4
Mike,

If you can describe that more as a "click" rather than a "birdie", I can
offer a solution - run CAL PLL again - be certain the 4 MHz oscillator
is set first and the bottom cover is in place.  You also may want to
re-flow the soldering on RF Board U4 before doing the CAL PLL.  With the
repetitive frequencies involved, it sounds like more of a PLL problem
than a birdie.

Mike-WE0H wrote:

> Anyone else notice a birdie when the display is tuned upward from xx.11
> to xx.12mc??? It is the transition from any megahertz dot 11 to dot 12.
> It throws out a loud birdie every time at any MC interval. Does that
> make sense? I am on 30 meters right now. The display shows 10114.11 then
> I tune to 10114.12 and I hear the birdie on that transition. It also
> happens at 10115.11 to 10115.12 and so forth on up the bands.
>
> Mike
> WE0H
> K2 6698

Re: Birdie's in K2 VFO???..Click sound...

WE0H
Yes a click is a better description. It is very consistent. The
soldering is excellent on this radio. Flowed through both sides on
everything. I used good equipment and a grounded blue mat bench top. No
static issues. I will do that CAL PLL again. The VFO cal is real close
to WWV on 10mc and also matches my 3mc oven oscillator and DDS VFO also.

I'll do that & report back...hi hi...

Thanks much,
Mike
WE0H