Boonies and the K3 clock

John Kountz
Gentlemen,
I'm amazed at the creastivity I stirred up with my observation that the K3
clock is inaccurte.  The subject appears to have a life of its own.  My
original observation related to being in the boonies (outside Kabul,
Afghanistan), on a truck battery where neither JJY nor any of the U.S.
based time signals can be received.  The clock in my K3 runs about 5
minutes fast a day (not the remarkable 2 seconds one of the commentators
announced).  Yes, you can resent the internal clock using the menus
provided, it is only a button or two away.  As a reference I wear an Omega
Seamaster GMT which I  'calibrated' from titme to time off an Iranian
television station.
In any event, I'm find the sheer number of response telling, given it is
obvious that the bulk of the respondents had not read my original message.
Thank you,
John Kountz, KE6GFF/T6EE

Re: Boonies and the K3 clock

Jon Kåre Hellan
On 06/25/2010 07:31 PM, John wrote:
> Gentlemen,
> I'm amazed at the creastivity I stirred up with my observation that the K3
> clock is inaccurte.  The subject appears to have a life of its own.  My
> original observation related to being in the boonies (outside Kabul,
> Afghanistan), on a truck battery where neither JJY nor any of the U.S.
> based time signals can be received.

There's RWM in Moscow, which I've frequency calibrated my K3 against, on
4996, 9996 and 14996 kHz, and RTZ in Irkutsk, on 50 kHz

Jon LA4RT