Bounces, no email, cannot change options re: emai

Bounces, no email, cannot change options re: emai

Jack
I was finally able to change options on the server. I have yet to receive
any email from the reflector.

Jack

Re: Bounces, no email, cannot change options re: emai

al_lorona
That makes three of us who are experiencing the exact same thing... and all three of us are on sbcglobal.net.

I'm on the phone with them right now... they are going to ask yahoo (mail host for AT&T) to check to see if anything changed on Friday night/Saturday morning when this problem started.

I encourage anyone else experiencing this to log a call to support. It would not hurt for them to hear from more than one user.

It would really help if someone at qth.net forwarded me a bounced-back message at [hidden email] ... the header would have valuable information.

Al  W6LX

I was finally able to change options on the server. I have yet to receive
any email from the reflector.

Jack

Re: Bounces, no email, cannot change options re: emai

Terry Schieler
I have had this problem since Saturday.  I use AT&T U-verse (email is
@swbell.net).  Each day I got a Security Alert error message telling me that
the server (inbound.att.net) does not have a valid certificate.  It shows
Verisign as the certificate provider, so I'm comfortable with that.  When I
missed some emails during this time, an AT&T service "tech" told me it was a
Yahoo problem (AT&T outsources its email duties to Yahoo). Then the AT&T
tech said he'd email me some more info.

What he then sent me were three separate links to purchase "AT&T's Security
Suite powered by McAfee!"  I am wondering if the "security alert" was an
AT&T marketing ploy to try to sell me their McAfee virus software package.

Terry, W0FM

I was finally able to change options on the server. I have yet to receive
any email from the reflector.

Jack

Re: Bounces, no email, cannot change options re: emai

Terry Schieler
Hi Tom,

Sorry if this bothered you.  But a few of the Elecraft reflector members had
commented earlier that they were not getting the Elecraft reflector emails
over the weekend.  I had the same issue during the same timeframe but was
able to get just a bit more info as to why it was happening.

I thought it appropriate to share with them and anyone else on the Elecraft
reflector who might have thought that the problem lay with the Elecraft
forum or with QTH.net.  Figured my info might help clarify that, and,
apparently mistakenly, thought it might be relevant.

73,

Terry, W0FM

And what Elecraft product or ham radio topic does this post have to do with?

73,
Tom
Amateur Radio Operator N5GE

On Wed, 18 May 2011 11:29:31 -0500, "Terry Schieler"
<[hidden email]> wrote:

>I have had this problem since Saturday.  I use AT&T U-verse (email is
>@swbell.net).  Each day I got a Security Alert error message telling me
that
>the server (inbound.att.net) does not have a valid certificate.  It shows
>Verisign as the certificate provider, so I'm comfortable with that.  When I
>missed some emails during this time, an AT&T service "tech" told me it was

>Yahoo problem (AT&T outsources its email duties to Yahoo). Then the AT&T
>tech said he'd email me some more info.
>
>What he then sent me were three separate links to purchase "AT&T's Security
>Suite powered by McAfee!"  I am wondering if the "security alert" was an
>AT&T marketing ploy to try to sell me their McAfee virus software package.
>
>Terry, W0FM

Eric Swartz - WA6HHQ
Administrator
Guys,

Terry's post was fine, since it was intended to help others subscribing to the list. As long as posts like this are very short and do not morph into a hug e thread, there is no problem.

Also, it is outside of list guidelines to criticize other's postings on the list or via direct emial. Please do not do this. If you have a problem with someone's posting, please email the list moderator.

73,
Eric
Elecraft List Moderator, Modulator, and Therapist..

www.elecraft.com
_..._

On May 18, 2011, at 5:00 PM, "Terry Schieler" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Tom,
>
> Sorry if this bothered you.  But a few of the Elecraft reflector members had
> commented earlier that they were not getting the Elecraft reflector emails
> over the weekend.  I had the same issue during the same timeframe but was
> able to get just a bit more info as to why it was happening.
>
> I thought it appropriate to share with them and anyone else on the Elecraft
> reflector who might have thought that the problem lay with the Elecraft
> forum or with QTH.net.  Figured my info might help clarify that, and,
> apparently mistakenly, thought it might be relevant.
>

> 73,
>
> Terry, W0FM

Mike Reublin
I got this earlier today after a post. Note the barracudacentral.org. It appears to have been fixed now.

73, Mike NF4L
Could not deliver message to the following recipient(s):

Failed Recipient: [hidden email]
Reason: Remote host said: 554 5.7.1 Service unavailable; Client host [209.133.228.45] blocked using b.barracudacentral.org; http://www.barracudanetworks.com/reputation/?pr=1&ip=209.133.228.45

    -- The header and top 20 lines of the message follows --

Date: Wed, 18 May 2011 14:41:11 -0400
From: Mike<[hidden email]>
To: "[hidden email]"<[hidden email]>
Subject: [K3] Software test