BuxComm RASCAL for K2

Daniel Reynolds-2
I'm looking at diving into PSK-31. I could build my own interface, but my time
is pretty valuable, and I'd like to be up and running right away with the least
amount of frustration.

It looks like the RASCAL is the least expensive option for hooking up a
transceiver to the computer soundcard for modes like PSK-31. I'm using the K2
hand mike and would like to know which RASCAL cable I should order (I probably
should read the KSB-2 manual for this answer).

Thanks in advance,
Daniel / AA0NI
K2 #3421

Re: BuxComm RASCAL for K2

JEAN-FRANCOIS MENARD-3
If you decide to build one yourself, I have a general schematic on my
website... Build for a Yaesu, but easly adaptable for a K2.

Look at : http://homepage.mac.com/jfmenard/PhotoAlbum21.html

Build for 10$ or less.

Le 04-09-20, à 16:37, Daniel Reynolds a écrit :

> I'm looking at diving into PSK-31. I could build my own interface, but
> my time
> is pretty valuable, and I'd like to be up and running right away with
> the least
> amount of frustration.
>
> It looks like the RASCAL is the least expensive option for hooking up a
> transceiver to the computer soundcard for modes like PSK-31. I'm using
> the K2
> hand mike and would like to know which RASCAL cable I should order (I
> probably
> should read the KSB-2 manual for this answer).
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Daniel / AA0NI
> K2 #3421

Jean-François Ménard / VA2VYZ / FN45aj
[hidden email]
Elecraft K2 #4130

Site Internet: http://homepage.mac.com/jfmenard

Re: BuxComm RASCAL for K2

Daniel,

Building one is not as complex as some make it out to be.  Check out my
website www.qsl.net/w3fpr article on Digital switchbox for the K2.

> I'm looking at diving into PSK-31. I could build my own interface, but my
> time
> is pretty valuable, and I'd like to be up and running right away with the
> least
> amount of frustration.
>
> It looks like the RASCAL is the least expensive option for hooking up a
> transceiver to the computer soundcard for modes like PSK-31. I'm using the
> K2
> hand mike and would like to know which RASCAL cable I should order (I
> probably
> should read the KSB-2 manual for this answer).
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Daniel / AA0NI
> K2 #3421

Re: BuxComm RASCAL for K2

g4ilo-2
There's really no need for a complicated interface, especially if you
just want to get started.

I have a web page "Using the Elecraft K2 for data modes" which you can
see at http://www.tech-pro.net/g4ilo. This is derived from an old list
posting by Ron D'Eau Claire, AC7AC, on the subject.
--
Julian, G4ILO (RSGB, ARRL)
G4ILO's Shack: http://www.tech-pro.net/g4ilo