CONFIG 2 Tone

Roy Morris-6
My 2 TONE output is 53 watts on my PowerMaster meter with K3 power set to 100 watts on LSB and 43 watts on USB.  I am using v.2.57 firmware and I thought both sidebands were supposed to be usable.  My filter is 2.7 Hhz with a -.84 offset.  With 2 TONE turned ON the MIC control becomes TN1 which can be adjusted to plus or minus parameters that displays in the VFO B area.  I believe this increases the amplitude of tone #1.  Tone #1 is presently set at 0.  What control increases the amplitude of tone #2?  Why are my sidebands showing such a difference in power?  Could it be the skirt shape of the filter is different on each side which causes this?   I presume the two tone amplitudes can be adjusted using a scope.  Roy Morris  W4WFB

Re: CONFIG 2 Tone

KK7P
> ...With 2 TONE turned ON the MIC control becomes TN1 which can
>be adjusted to plus or minus parameters that displays in the VFO B area.  I
>believe this increases the amplitude of tone #1.  Tone #1 is presently set at
>0.  What control increases the amplitude of tone #2?  Why are my sidebands
>showing such a difference in power?

The reason for allowing the adjustment of one tone relative to the other is to
allow you to achieve perfect balance between the two tones for IMD testing.
 The reason for the possible slight difference in tone amplitude, or twist, is
due to ripple in the roofing filter and/or the Tx mixer crystal filter.

You can observe this on an oscilloscope, and even more easily on a spectrum
analyzer.  The assumption is that you are observing the output this way, since
that is the most practical way to measure IMD.

73,

Lyle KK7P