CONFIG: TECH MD

John Huffman-3
On my K3 I often change the AGC -- S setting.  I like 5 for general
listening, but 20 when I'm net control so I don't miss the weak
check-ins.  Each time I go through the menu to first set TECH MD on and
then after making the change, setting TECH MD to off.

Somewhere in the manual it said to turn TECH MD off after you make
changes.  Is this really necessary?  What are the dire consequences of
leaving TECH MD on?  It would save me a couple of steps.

73 de K1ESE
John

Re: CONFIG: TECH MD

Ed K1EP
I leave it on just about all the time.  I turn it off when I bring
the radio into a multi-multi environment so that there are less
choices on the menu for someone to fiddle with by mistake.

At 2/12/2009 07:43 AM, John Huffman wrote:

>On my K3 I often change the AGC -- S setting.  I like 5 for general
>listening, but 20 when I'm net control so I don't miss the weak
>check-ins.  Each time I go through the menu to first set TECH MD on and
>then after making the change, setting TECH MD to off.
>
>Somewhere in the manual it said to turn TECH MD off after you make
>changes.  Is this really necessary?  What are the dire consequences of
>leaving TECH MD on?  It would save me a couple of steps.
>
>73 de K1ESE
>John

Re: CONFIG: TECH MD

John,

You can leave TECH MD on all the time with no harm to the K3 operation.
The only downside items are that one must scroll through more menu
items, and there are more chances that the menus may be altered by a
guest operator not familiar with the K3.