CW Indicator

Mike Walkington-3
Hi Tom,

I’m hoping that you are still awake….

I’ve just completed building the CW tuning indicator. All has gone
reasonably well and I am now at the alignment stage.  The problem I’m having
here is exactly the reason why I need the tuning indicator ie difficultly
recognising when the two tones are beating together – but I need to be able
to do this to align the indicator!

I have the feeling that I should be able to use Spectrogram to align the
indicator.  I imagine that what I would do is turn SPOT on and tune the
4.000 MHz birdy until SPOT and the birdy where on top of each other. Once
this occurs I can then adjust the tuning indicator trimpot until the 10th
LED comes on brightly and then finess this by setting the trimpot to the
middle of the trimpot range where the 10th LED is lit.

Does this make sense to you. If not, how do I adjust the proposed procedure?

Mike
VK1KCK
K2 #2599