CW Tuning Indicator - Window of Opportunity Still Open

CW Tuning Indicator - Window of Opportunity Still Open

Tom Hammond-3
Sorry for the bandwidth... I like get my apologies out of the way first...

I have received a rather large number of queries from folks asking if they
can still order kits for the SMD version of the K6XX CW Tuning Indicator.

The answer is definitely YES!

This is my third, and (mercifully) FINAL, run of these kits. After I run
out this time, only the bare bones PC boards will be available.

The 'Window of Opportunity' to order these kits will remain open until the
end of this month, December 31, 2004, at which time the 'window' will close
and I will place the order for enough parts to complete as many kits as I
have orders for. I expect the parts to arrive within a week of the order
and then hope to ship your kits within the following week (around January
10-14, 2005).

What radio(s) is the Tuning Indicator intended to be for?

   While the K6XX CW Tuning Indicator can be readily installed on just
   about any receiver, I am actually offering it for the Elecraft K2
   transceiver, but including additional (suggested) instructions for
   its installation in the Elecraft K1 and KX1 transceivers as well.
   The most current set of assembly, installation, and alignment
   instructions can always be found at my web site www.n0ss.net. Just
   click on the QuikLink to "VERSION 2" of the K6XX CW Tuning Indicator
   and download the docs (which are now over 4MB in size. I'm very
   sorry about that)... adding the installation information for the K1
   and KX1 really caused a lot of 'file bloat' in the documentation.

   NOTE: Because this is a very large PDF file, please DOWNLOAD
         it to your PC, rather than trying to view it on-line.
         Once it's on your PC, you can easily view it using
         Acrobat Reader. If you don't know how to download a PDF
         file from a web site, instructions for doing so are at
         the top of my web page.

Regarding availability and pricing...

   Kits are $17/each postpaid to your mailbox for NON-DX orders.
   For DX orders, kits are $19/each, postpaid.

   I will gladly accept cash / check / money order in US DOLLARS.
   I do NOT accept PayPal... sorry!

   If you wish to order one or more of these kits, please order as
   early in this month as you can to ensure that your order is
   received before then end of December, 2004.

   Please remit to:

     Tom Hammond
     5417 Scruggs Stn Rd
     Lohman MO  65053

   ALL ORDERS WILL BE ACKNOWLEDGED VIA E-MAIL. If you do not receive
   an ACK in a reasonable amount of time, contact me!!!

   PLEASE drop me an e-mail before (or when) you place your order, so
   I can reserve your kit(s). INCLUDE and include your MAILING ADDRESS
   in your e-mail so I can pre-print your mailing label.

Once all kits have been sold, bare bones PC boards will be available for $6
US. And I will provide a complete list of all parts which can be ordered
from either Mouser or DigiKey. Actually, everything but the 0.1uF C0G
timing capacitor (Ct) comes from Mouser. Unfortunately, they don't offer
the cap, which comes from DigiKey... darn it.

In addition to the assembly and installation docs on my web site, you will
also find documentation for the thru-hole version of this kit, and also
some digital pictures of the assembled SMD PC board as installed in my K2.
The original article on the Tuning Indicator, by K6XX, is also available on
my web site.

I hope I've covered everything... I always seem to leave some crucial piece
of info out... if you have ANY questions, please contact me directly and
not via the reflector.

For what it may be worth, I have now sent about 140 of these kits out to
builders. Although I won't hear from many, regarding their experiences, I
can say that as far as I know, there have been no failures, and there are
quite a number of very satisfied builders.

This is a great way to stick your toes into the SMD kit water while
risking  very little of your hard-earned cash.

73,

Tom Hammond    N0SS

It's all Tom's fault - was: Re: CW Tuning Indicator - Window of Opportunity Still Open

Donald K. Duncan

Ok, so I just ordered two of N0SS's SMD kits but I didn't have a K2
to put it in.  Well, I rectified that and ordered a K2 for Christmas :)

Long overdue.

Thanks for the nudge Tom! :)

~Don K7DKD
--------