Connector for K2 Mic. Config. header

Chris Kimball
I'm ready to install a W3PFR/N0SS fixed audio out amp; however, a single, slip-over connector for the microphone configuration header is needed to bring the output to the mic connector.  The header pins look a lot like large, wire-wrap pins, but I'm not sure.  The audio board is going on the control board a la N6TQS, so the header connection needs to slip off.

Does anyone have a suggested part number, or, better yet, have one they could spare?

Thanks,

Chris
NQ8Z

Re: Connector for K2 Mic. Config. header

Don Wilhelm-4
Chris,

I use one of the "computer" 2 pin jumpers - try to find one with an open
slot at the top.  Solder the wire to the center of the exposed top
metal.  Plug one side of that jumper onto the Mic Configuration Header
using an unused pin.  If you use the Elecraft pinout, the "Func" pin has
no function, so plug it onto the mic jack side of pin 5.  Use a wire
that is long enough to lift the Control Board and reach the mic
configuration header and attach/detach the connector.

On 5/20/2013 5:36 PM, Chris Kimball wrote:

> I'm ready to install a W3PFR/N0SS fixed audio out amp; however, a single,
> slip-over connector for the microphone configuration header is needed to
> bring the output to the mic connector.  The header pins look a lot like
> large, wire-wrap pins, but I'm not sure.  The audio board is going on the
> control board a la N6TQS, so the header connection needs to slip off.
>
> Does anyone have a suggested part number, or, better yet, have one they
> could spare?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Chris
> NQ8Z

Re: Connector for K2 Mic. Config. header

Chris Kimball

If you go this route, as I did, don't think that the two pin jumper should span the two Header #5 pins!

Doing so reduced the initial turn-on display from "ELECRAFT" to "ELE" and locked the rig.

Instead, put the jumper ONLY on the #5 pin nearest the mic jack, leaving one jumper slot hanging in space.

I had thought that spanning the two #5 pins might put a small, insignificant bias on the audio out line.  Not the case!

Chris
NQ8Z