Constant Level Line Out with Monitor

Olivier F5MZN
Hi and Happy New Year 2009!

I just wondered if anyone got a suitable way having both Headphones and
Monitor audio with a constant level on LINE OUT jack in order to record
a 48-hour contest, for example?

Setting "LIN OUT" to "PHONES" just does the trick but the RX audio level
is controlled by the AG gain knob of the front panel which is really
annoying in a Multi-Op Contest Team where nobody listen at the same
level. Doing that way makes some part of the recordings quite low and
some others distorting!

I think lots of contesters would appreciate to have an option in the K3
for having the RCV and the XMT audios both with a fixed level on the
Line output.

Olivier / f5mzn

RE: Constant Level Line Out with Monitor

Arie Kleingeld PA3A-2
Olivier,

This feature was recently implemented in the new firmware.
Download it and read the release notes.
It's all there!

73,
Arie PA3A

Re: Constant Level Line Out with Monitor

Olivier F5MZN
Hello again,

Arie Kleingeld PA3A wrote:
> This feature was recently implemented in the new firmware.
> Download it and read the release notes.
> It's all there!

Shame on me, I didn't checked the last BETA releases!

Well, I dreamed it and they did it. Thank you guys!

All the best and 73,
--
Olivier / f5mzn

Re: Constant Level Line Out with Monitor

ab2tc
Hi,

I hate to be a wet blanket, but having to listen to myself in the headphones in order to be able to record the transmitted audio is very tiring. I do not normally have Monitor on while operating. May I suggest another toggle feature whereby the Monitor output can be directed to phones/speakers, line out or both? Another alternative would be to have a separate line out level for RX and TX audio and leave the Monitor function out of this. Yes, this is getting complicated but I don't think the current setup will cut it for people who want to record an entire operating session (ideal for a net control operator who wants to document his operation for example).

Olivier F5MZN wrote
Hello again,

Arie Kleingeld PA3A wrote:
> This feature was recently implemented in the new firmware.
> Download it and read the release notes.
> It's all there!

Shame on me, I didn't checked the last BETA releases!

Well, I dreamed it and they did it. Thank you guys!

All the best and 73,
<snip>

RE: Constant Level Line Out with Monitor

Mike Short
The problem I see with that is feedback. Having a speaker and a live mic in
close proximity to each other is an invitation for serious feedback hum.
Think of people that call in to radio programs, there are always a few that
leave the radio on, and have to turn it down.

Mike

Olivier F5MZN wrote:

> Hello again,
>
> Arie Kleingeld PA3A wrote:
>> This feature was recently implemented in the new firmware.
>> Download it and read the release notes.
>> It's all there!
>
> Shame on me, I didn't checked the last BETA releases!
>
> Well, I dreamed it and they did it. Thank you guys!
>
> All the best and 73,
> <snip>

-----
AB2TC - Knut