Control Board Strageness

Tim Cailloux
My Christmas project of the K2 build got started early (s/n 4539).

Here are the two problems I have right now:

* Display LCD (i.e. text readout) is very dim.  It's almost impossible
to read with the backlight off.  Everything displays as normal, but
just very dim text.  (The LED backlight comes right on and is great.)

* When adjusting the pot on the control board (R1) for 3.80V per the
alignment procedure during the checkout of the control board and
display board, the most I can get is 3.6V.

The measured and reported supply voltage is 14.7-14.8V and the current
draw varies between 80 and 100 mA.

Yes, I've checked the solder joints.  First item I looked at.  I was
using a pretty bad DMM (since I started the build much sooner than I
planned, I didn't have everything with me) but I *think* the
resistance checks were all normal (I'm stealing a better DMM from work
this weekend).

Thanks in advance,

tim

--