Control card problem.

k7hbg @dslextreme.com
Good day all!
I have the darndest problem and can't quite get my "hands around it".

1) K2 s/n 2836, All the addons, modules and mods and works just like a
proper K2 should. All functions nominal.

2) After adding one more mod to the control board, I paused to look and
think "this board is really chewed up, I should get a new series-b card
and once again melt solder.

3) Got the new board and parts, put it together and tested it per the
latest K2 manual . All works great except...

4) During VCO Alignment testing, all the Voltage readings at R30 were
nominal for all bands except 40m. The reading stays at 8 volts and does
not change.

5) Now, here's the head scratcher. I reinstalled the original control card
and all works just great. 40 meters comes booming in and the tuning, and
the voltages at R30 are perfect.

6) ARRGH!!!

Any thoughts would be most appreciated!
Best regards, Bob K7HBG