Crikey! Please edit replies down to a minimum size and delete extra footers

Locked 1 message Options

Crikey! Please edit replies down to a minimum size and delete extra footers

Eric Swartz - WA6HHQ
Administrator
When replying to emails on the list, please remember to edit down the
copied text to the minimum needed to retain context. One or two
sentences from the original post are usually sufficient. This keeps the
list and archive volume down and makes everything much more readable.

*** Don't forget to delete the list footer message too or you will have
multiple copies of it in your reply.

A large part of our readers get the list in daily digest mode. When
large amounts of previous posts are copied over and over it makes the
digest very large and virtually unreadable. Also, many of our readers
outside the U.S. pay for email by the kB and are using slower modems.
Brevity in your posts helps a lot there. :-)

73 from your friendly Elecraft list manager
Eric  WA6HHQ