DSP1 error

John-483
I've been working with Gary (Elecraft) on a 6M low transmit power
output problem.  I have ben checking solder connections in the 6M BPF
area and taking voltage readings. I have had to power up and power
down the K3 several times during this process. There were no problems
until the last power up. When I powered up I received a (VFOA msg)
ERR 000202, (VFOB msg) ERR DSE. One button tap, (VFOA msg) normal
freq, (VFOB msg) ERR DS1. Another button tap, (VFOA and B msg) normal
freq. The rig seemed to work OK. I powered down/up again, same
messages. Several tries, same messages. ERR DS1 indicates DSP1 FW
problem, so I hooked up to computer and polled the K3 with K3
utility, K3 utility could not determine the DSP1 FW rev, just gave me
??.??. So the next step, reload the latest FW from Elecraft. The DSP1
FW would not load, it would just give me a DSP1 verification failed
and DSP1 program load failed, the MCU loaded the new FW fine.  I
tried the power on parameter initialization, then reloaded my
configuration from a previous save. No help. The K3 seems to work OK,
even the DSP functions as far as I can tell.

Any ideas?

John
k7up
2 K2's, K1 & K3 #501 (so far, the radio from hell)