Dead KX1

K8DJW-Dave
A few weeks ago I powered up my KX1 but the batteries were fairly low. I took them out, threw them away, and put the radio down for a few weeks. It sat and basically did nothing. Now when I hook up an external power supply (honestly I haven't tried batteries yet) the unit will not power up. The "flashlight" LED does work however.

Any quick and dirty checks I can do before I really dig into troubleshooting?

Thanks, 73.

Re: Dead KX1

K8DJW-Dave
Just wanted to post an update as it may be of benefit to someone in the future...

Finally got around to looking at this. Since the LED was working the first thing I checked was the power switch... low and behold, it was reading open in the on position. My KX1 has spent a lot of time at campsites and has even seen a bit of light rain. Both switches are looking a little corroded. I soldered a jumper over the switch and it works fine... put a couple drops of flux-off (couldn't find my electro-wash) in the switch and worked it in there, and it seems to have fixed it, however I will buy a couple replacements from Elecraft. So happy to have the KX1 working. I still have a baby black widow that I haven't even built yet!

73