Detection ob BY-1 Iambic Keyer with K2

roepilot
Greetings!

As my topic header implies, I need help with getting the K2 to identify my new Bencher BY-1 Keyer as na Iambic key rather than a straight key. Any idea how to do this?

Thanks in advance,

K4GJR

Re: Detection ob BY-1 Iambic Keyer with K2

Mike K8CN
Hi OM,

I presume you're using the BY-1 alone without an external keyer?  If so, tap the K2's MENU button, scroll through the Main Menu options until you reach INP (for the key/paddle INPut), then hold EDIT (same button), then select PDLn if your paddle is wired "normally." Tap the MENU button twice to exit the configuration mode.  Use PDLr if dot/dash sides are reversed from what you expect.  See page 99 of the K2's Rev. I manual for more detail.  Hope this helps!

73,
Mike, K8CN